Note From the Editor: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!! If you like this post, please come over to https://gitter.im/The_Etherian/Lobby and cover a dapp.
Weekly Update 2.19.2017-2.26.2017
- Over 1000 entries published on Akasha
- Blog Post: http://blog.akasha.world/2017/02/23/seeking-whispers/
- Bugs fixed you can now post copied links and formatted text.
- Updates including anonymous search, being able to post gifs and more.
- Download links can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- A new landing page for the app has been deployed.
- Blog Post: http://blog.augur.net/augur-front-end-update-february-22nd/
- Bug fixes and updates including Google translate.
- Decision not to use IPC and to use their own UTF-8 compliant streaming JSON parse.
Casper (Dev Channel) – Proof of Stake Protocol
- Draft of the Viper code for the Casper contract: https://github.com/ethereum/research/blob/master/casper4/simple_casper.v.py
- Missing: Figuring out how it checks block hashes.
- Discussion on the ‘fork choice rule’.
- Simulation: https://github.com/ethereum/research/blob/master/casper4/simulator.py
- Working in extreme conditions: 1 block per epoch & high latency.
- Open call to potential users for usability research was filled in a matter of minutes. The research will be conducted this coming week and will involve a 15-30 minute video chat with user completing tasks such as “invite new users to your Colony” on the prototype build.
- Ethereum Singapore DigixGlobal Live-Stream (Dr Loi Luu & Chris Hitchcott): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGSRLMMN4lo
- Much conversation on the new competition from CodeTract
- Testnet DGX is now on Ropsten. Token address is 0x1e83ddddc7826f8804630af70935f68090295d38. Reply to aeufemio’s pinned thread in the slack channel with your Ropsten address to get some.
- Blog Post: https://medium.com/@Digix/updates-from-the-cto-23rd-feb-2017-9026b4aaa912#.v643syx7t
- Chris Hitchcott’s response to the CodeTract news/Reddit user criticism of Spectrum: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5vx84g/gold_is_now_live_on_mainnet/de5peef/
- Blog Post: https://blog.firstblood.io/fighting-games-are-failing-as-esports-21655ac1da06#.vf0a532k9
- Blog Post: https://blog.firstblood.io/top-tips-for-your-next-dota-2-in-house-23b32cba7ab4#.yri4792l7
- It was noted in the slack that a small dev update is usually given at the bottom of each blog post.
- mattius459 suggests “What about a small fee that taxed every game played which fed into a public pool, and the public pool replenished all users who have a zero balance with a very small but bet-able balance so they could continue playing. Basically, it would mean that no user would ever be unable to make a bet.” It received a positive reception from Auryn.
- Plans to move onto Ropsten testnet.
- Blog Post: https://blog.golemproject.net/golem-and-the-road-to-brass-990c6d210c8d#.z66m1mkgz
- MacOS builds on the way.
- Challenges with storage solutions, research ongoing, IPFS and other methods.
- Dev team continues to grow and should help continue progress.
- Iconomi used cloudflare please change password.
- Beta testers have reported bugs many relating to drop down menus, the devs are working on solutions.
- Blog Post: Consolidating Legal Questions
- Blog Post: State of Digital Asset Management Platforms
- Milestone: 0.9.3 (test/patch/regression week)
- “Always on the lookout for strong Clojurists with an interest in crypto.” – @jarradhope
- Need help with regression testing
- Very active github
- @MaiaVictor of Ethereum Name Service collaborating with Swarm on improving efficiency between the two distributed networks
- Swarm roadmap on GitHub (currently in POC 0.3): https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/wiki/swarm—POC-series#poc-03
- “P2P attestations are on the roadmap, but not available right now.” – @christianlundkvist
- ETA is sometime in Q2.
- “Note that we will support on-chain attestations through a registry smart contract much sooner than this.” – @christianlundkvist
- Lots of bugs being reported and handled.
Big thanks to Evan Van Ness for featuring us in his weekly post, please give him a subscription to his weekly email newsletter. His weekly post is the most in-depth and informative look into the ethereum ecosystem you’re going to get. Here’s a link to his site: http://www.weekinethereum.com/
@jarredchase__twitter: Swarm, Status, Colony
@truewavebreak: ICONOMI, Golem, Augur, AKASHA
@MrNebbiolo: uPort, Casper, FirstBlood, Digix, Editor (2.12.2017-2.19.2017)
Disclaimer: All information is taken from our volunteers at face value, if you have a complaint about one of our volunteers or one of our posts please contact email@example.com and we will investigate the matter.