Note From the Editor: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!! If you like this post, please come over to https://gitter.im/The_Etherian/Lobby and cover a dapp.
Weekly Update 3.12.2017-3.19.2017
- Beware, someone is trying to impersonate Akasha – source.
Casper (Dev Channel) – Proof of Stake Protocol
- Blog Post: A mechanized safety proof for PoS with dynamic validators
- Vlad on Silvio Micali’s ALGORAND: https://twitter.com/VladZamfir/status/817279654058950656
- Interview with CEO of Chronobank Sergei Sergienko
- LaborX: getting paid on time, every time
- TIME token holders getting impatient about price being half of ICO
- Beta still a few weeks away
- “there will be a veritable torrent of information forthcoming in the next few months.” – @jack (Co-founder)
- Blog Post: Digix Update — Mar 17th 2017
- DGD carbon-vote to be held to determine what to do with DigixDao ETC.
- Even more competition: OZcoinGold
- Good graphic from rcmcnevin comparin the OZcoinGold and Digix Proof of Asset mechanisms. (Updated graphic from KC Chng re: Digix)
- KC Chng on competition: “Other companies that claim that they are “competing” in the same space do not even have a working testnet to test their code. So the hype of a competitor is unfounded at this point imho.”
- Users cannot redeem DGX for gold bullion unless KYC’d.\
- “Just to add on the discussion for our paper, seems like a few people told me that it is too “simple”, and perhaps we should allow fundraising in eth, and suggested features etc. We *intentionally* designed it to be simple. It should be seen from our Whitepaper which we hope is understandable even for people with minimum knowledge of Ethereum.”–Darvink
- Ethlance is included in the newest Status release.
- Ethlance tutorial videos.
- Email notifications can now be controlled via preferences.
- Dev update.
- Timeline in the whitepaper is no longer correct, the new one is yet to be determined.
- Julian – “we will be have updates for you soon”.
- Still waiting for more candidates for the PR job 1 person has already been chosen but there could be more PR positions coming available.
- Work is being done on the installers for Golem which is seen as key for its success.
- Users that applied for the beta testing program will be added first, then investors based on the ICO investment and then everybody else.
- Phone Verification has been added to the beta version to prove you are “Human” and not spammer.
- “Assets as of now will be stored in a 3 level cold storage and for sure won’t be kept at exchanges”.
- Tokens are now transferable, user guide.
- Token is tradable on Kraken.
- Price feed module is live on the testnet.
- Paid internship available to the right candidates.
- Melon port Sponsored the Ethereum London Meetup.
- Meetup planned for the 20th
- Work underway to update documentation on wiki.
- Milestone: 0.9.5 (merge week)
- Introducing CommitETH — Enabling a community driven development model
- Status 0.9.4 — Trufflebox, Embark Plugin, Ethlance, Dentacoin & CommitETH
- Ethereum Contributors Series // Issue #02 Andy Tudhope
- Ethereum DApp Creators // Issue #02 Auction House
- The Ether Review #58 — “Status” Conquers Mobile
- Lots of new people joining Status’ Slack
- Swarm Developers Onboarding Doc and Reference Dev Guide
- Work on adding custom file attributes
- Status comparing notes on Swarm integration, and how to get Swarm to run in memory
- Discussion about cleaning up redundant APIs thus reducing technical debt
- Will remain in stealth mode, until Q2 2017, when they expect to release the MVP (Rights Management Gateway).
- Plans on rewarding token holders with profits from the recent eth price surge.
- Testing progresses, lots of questions being answered regarding code but nothing new.
- Questions on whether early investors receive TRST proportional to subsequent rise in ETH price ala dividends. “As for dividends, we cannot issue them, however we will explore viability of other options such as burning certain amount of tokens that are received via fees. If you have suggestions, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Also feel free to email George@wetrust.io… We’re going to take some time and speak with our advisors and escrow partners to determine next steps. Again I hear where people are coming from and thank you for your support. Let us work out a solution that is fair.” – @george.wetrust
- “We are consulting with our escrows and will have an answer by Monday. Thank you for the patience as we figure this out.” -@ron (CTO of WeTrust)
- An Interview with Michael Casey, WeTrust Fintech Advisor
- Blockchain Community comes together for WeTrust Charity Circle
- Using the Lending Circle as a framework for buying shared resources and charity
- Big thanks to Evan Van Ness for featuring us in his weekly post, please give him a subscription to his weekly email newsletter. His weekly post is the most in-depth and informative look into the ethereum ecosystem you’re going to get. Here’s a link to his site: http://www.weekinethereum.com/
- A nod of appreciation to @3esmit for putting so much work into our internal Etherian participation token.
- Congratulations to u/ethermate for winning our logo competition!
- Big thanks to Joe Urgo for featuring us in his daily post, The Dapp Daily. The Dapp Daily is your go-to daily summary of what’s happening in the ethereum ecosystem.
- Check out ethercast for a full list of dapps – http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
jarredchase__twitter: Swarm, Status, Colony, WeTrust, ChronoBank
truewavebreak: ICONOMI, Golem, Augur, AKASHA, MelonPort
MrNebbiolo: uPort, Casper, FirstBlood, Digix
PΞther: Ethlance, SingularDTV
Disclaimer: All information is taken from our volunteers at face value, if you have a complaint about one of our volunteers or one of our posts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter.